HERE TO HELP
As a charity working for over 60 years, the VABT’s mission is to support the people in our industry who are experiencing an emergency health crisis.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The VABT supports all who work in theatre, film and television: on and off stage, in front of and behind the camera.
HOW AN APPLICATION IS ASSESSED
The VABT is run by a Committee of Management elected by their peers and supported by three Honorary Trustees. Each application for assistance is discussed by the Committee and assessed on a case-by-case basis. As the Committee are all volunteers, we do our best to deal with all applications as quickly as possible. It is important to know that all matters referred are kept in the strictest of confidence.
WHAT DO WE FUND?
Financial relief has been provided for varied purposes, including medical and dental costs, utility bills, respite care and basic survival. We also assist people by directing them to resources and professional advice. Grants are usually given for emergencies and are generally not ongoing. Some examples of assistance we have provided include:
- An electric wheelchair and mobility aids
- Supporting members of our industry in their battles with cancer
- Financing a hip replacement operation for a respected member of the industry
- Assisted the families of past recipients with ongoing financial support
- Maintaining a relationship with members of our community by giving them an Annual Christmas Grant
WHAT WE DON’T FUND
Financial support is only given to the people in our industry who are experiencing an emergency health crisis. We are unable to provide support for the following:
- Unemployment or underemployment
- Funding for productions or films
- Fundraising platforms such as GoFundMe, Kickstarter or Indiegogo
The VABT provides Emergency Support to those experiencing ill health or medical emergency. If this is you, please continue with the application form below.
In response to the current crisis, we have established a COVID-19 ASSISTANCE fund to provide wider support to members of our community who may be financially impacted by cancelled performances or subsequent government shutdowns, but ineligible for our standard Emergency Support. If this is you, please click here to apply for covid-19 assistance
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for assistance, please fill out the form below.