WHO CAN APPLY?
The VABT supports all who work in theatre, film and television: on and off stage, in front of and behind the camera.
HOW AN APPLICATION IS ASSESSED
The VABT is run by a Committee of Management of 14 members elected by their peers and supported by three Honorary Trustees. Each application for assistance is discussed by the Committee and dealt with as quickly as possible. It is important to know that all matters referred are kept in the strictest confidence.
WHAT DO WE FUND?
Financial relief has been provided for varied purposes, including medical and dental costs, rental and mortgage assistance, respite care and basic survival. We also assist people by directing them to resources and professional advice. Grants are usually given for emergencies and are generally not ongoing. Some examples of assistance we have provided include:
- An electric wheelchair and mobility aids
- Supporting members of our industry in their battles with cancer
- Financing a hip replacement operation for a respected member of the industry
- Assisted the families of past recipients with ongoing financial support
- Maintaining a relationship with members of our community by giving them an Annual Christmas Grant
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for assistance, please fill out the form below.